athlete's foot........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob.L.

Sep 1, 2014
Somerset
Hello folks,

I treated my feet with a 1% solution of KMnO4 (potassium permanganate) you end up with a very dark solution as KMnO4 has an intense colour in solution. Even a couple of grains will turn water pink.

This cleared my athletes foot and fungal nail in spectacular fashion. Had brown feet for two or three days which gave way to really good, healthy looking feet. Over a year later I have only slight reocourrence and that is my own fault (neglect!)

If you are familliar with chemicals it is good to use but can cause burns or damage to skin at strength. IT IS HARMFUL BY INGESTION AND MAY EVEN BE FATAL AT HIGHER CONCENTRATIONS.
Just know what you are doing for real. Mistakes with chemicals can cost you dear.

There is enough information online if you sift through the good and bad.

The following is copied and pasted from the DermNet New Zealand site, probably worth visiting for info.

Potassium permanganate baths are effective for the treatment of infected eczema when there are blisters, pus and/or oozing. A potassium permanganate concentration of 1:10000 should be used (pink colour). If using 400mg tablets add one to each 4L of water. The tablets should be dissolved in hot water before pouring into the bath. Twice daily baths for two days help to dry out the weeping sores and soothe the eczema.

A potassium permanganate solution of 1 in 1000 may be used as wet soaks to blistering wounds such as ulcers and abscesses. Strips of cotton or gauze should be soaked in the solution and wrapped around the affected area for 20-30 minutes. The astringent action of potassium permanganate helps to dry out the blister and prepare the wound for other treatment.

A 1% solution is used to treat fungal infections such as athlete's foot.

Precautions.

Potassium permanganate crystals and concentrated solutions are caustic and can burn the skin. Even fairly dilute solutions can irritate skin and repeated use may cause burns. If redness or irritation continues, notify your doctor. When preparing solutions make sure that the crystals or tablets are fully dissolved in water before using.

Potassium permanganate soaks are not suitable for dry skin conditions.

Note that potassium permanganate may leave a brown stain on skin and nails as well as the bath or vessel holding the solution.

DSCN0355.jpg

Hope this post is useful.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE