Assault Vest

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
I used to have the Viper South African Assualt Vest but sold it to buy plce yoke webbing as it is alot more comfy to wear with a rucksack and you can actually reach all the pouches with dislocating your shoulder lol.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I think Vest's are a Great alternative or addition to your kit,I have got some funny looks well out in my local woods whilst wearing it though,Maybe to Rambo looking,bar the Muscles and Weird face,lol

Stupot

Oct 31, 2007
Harrogate
I think Vest's are a Great alternative or addition to your kit,I have got some funny looks well out in my local woods whilst wearing it though,Maybe to Rambo looking,bar the Muscles and Weird face,lol

Haha yeh I always get asked if I'm from the nearby Army Foundation College. I often look up to see a startled face as I trunch past with my kit.

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
For some years I had a BH Tactical EOD vest. Now it is a BH Modular vest. We tried to carry the whole equipment with the vest, but it is uncomfortable. I removed all the webbing on the back side to save weight. I prefer to combine it with a backpack.
In the Modular vest: knife, goggles, compass, mosquito head net, med pack, gloves, fire starter, spoon, light, whistle, Camelbak and a snack; There is a Nylon cover for the knife etc., so you dont see any of the equipment (and the cover is civilian green).
I like the vest because of the Camelbak (I put it into the top lid of my backpack while walking, or in front of my belly if the backpack is too heavy). And I personally hate jackets or smocks with many pockets. Imho carrying a vest is much more comfortable.
Second reason: one of the pockets makes a great arm-rest for long distance walking.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
I use an old arktis chest rig for non stationary fishing, but i cut off the shoulder straps, and added a wider belt so effectively its like a huge multi-pocket bum bag.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I do like the webbing style systems.

My Day kit is based around Alice webbing.

I am going to make one of the more modern hip pad belts for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE