aspen fuel for stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I'm running low on petrol in my Msr whisperlite internationale stove. I don't use it that often, so fuel tends to sit in the bottle for months on end. Given how little fuel I use I'm pondering buying a litre of aspen 4 stroke fuel to use next, partly to save the argument at the petrol station when I try to fill the msr bottles.

Does anyone else use aspen on their liquid fuel stoves? How does it's performance compare to unleaded? Do I need to do anything to the stove to use aspen?

Cheers

Julia

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
Good choice. Not too healthy to burn petrol, and should be conidered a last resort. Aspen gives off less fumes and doesn't stink if you spill some. Also shelf life is a lot longer.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Check they stock 4 first Julia, chainsaws run on 2 and that's all several saw shops round here carry! I know a couple that carry 4 though so you may be OK. The Aspen site tells you what each dealer has.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Check they stock 4 first Julia, chainsaws run on 2 and that's all several saw shops round here carry! I know a couple that carry 4 though so you may be OK. The Aspen site tells you what each dealer has.

Thanks for the heads up, just checked, all the stores locally (nearest is 6 miles away), carry both 2 & 4 according to the Aspen website.

Cheers

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE