Article: Mora Bushcraft Survival Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
tony i cant seem to get to the page it keeps coming up that i dont have permission to see this page.
help with this would be great bud.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Good review John

Must confess I normally discount anything without a full tang for a survival knife, but after your review and the fact that you used it for heavy work like batoning without breaking it may just have swayed me.

My son is on the look out for another knife after using a basic mora for a couple of years and this looks like a real possibility, especially as they sell for around £55.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham

luckylee, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1.We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
2.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log OutHome
thats what i get when i click on the link.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i also can not access the home page it says the same thing, if a mod could help with this that would be great.
maryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
i'm stuck again. lol

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Excellent review John, many thanks for the informed opinion....... I so wanted to poo poo this 'gimmicky' knife but admit I am growing pretty fond of it!!!

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
One thing I might add is a little strip of leather glued to other side of the sheath and a little honing compound. Perhaps then you could maintain an edge a little easier?

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
all sorted now, thanks to the main man himself, thanks again tony it is apreciated bud.
and thanks john for a great review was able to read after it was sorted.
take care.
lee.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Excellent review John, though whilst I like Moras, I'm yet to be disappointed by my £11.50 one :)

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Hm. Not sure it's *that* much better than the Clipper (£8.50)... I baton with mine regularly, and it's holding up fine. Or the Cold Steel Bushman, which is tough as old boots.And I don't like those plastic sheaths; mine's in a leather sheath. I can move more freely with that on, as the belt-loop's more generous.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I've gotta say I love my Moras, Just bought a nice leather sheath from moonraker knives(with the addition of a press stud closer & Tab over the handle). I prefer stuff like a fire steel or sharpning stone being in other belt pouches, I use a few Vyper Pistol Mag pouches & arktis FFD pouch for things I'll use often, but I want kept securely. As I'm paranoid about losing things.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Can't help but love your reviews , John.Comprehensive and objective are the signs of the truly inquisitive mind.Keep it up and keep them coming.Sooner or later your review will coincide with my perceived need.In the meantime I'm enjoying reading and still use the knife I bought from you all the time.Cheers , Simon

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Great review John! Last year when me and my friends was testing this knife we all agread that the problem with the sheath is the plastic clip that holds the interchangeable belt loop in place, it breaks when you put to much stress on it like taking the belt loop on/off or if it gets caught in twigs and branches when you are walking. So i am wondering if they have fixed this? Could you be so kind to test it for a longer time? Because the knife and the rest of the sheath is close to perfect except that tiny thing. More info on my testing last year http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70460

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Great review John! Last year when me and my friends was testing this knife we all agread that the problem with the sheath is the plastic clip that holds the interchangeable belt loop in place, it breaks when you put to much stress on it like taking the belt loop on/off or if it gets caught in twigs and branches when you are walking. So i am wondering if they have fixed this? Could you be so kind to test it for a longer time? Because the knife and the rest of the sheath is close to perfect except that tiny thing. More info on my testing last year http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70460
I am using it on a regular basis - nothing more to add yet :)

Dec 25, 2011
Belgium
Hi,
Can anybody tell me:
what is the difference between the knives themselves of : Mora "Bushcraft Forest" and Mora "Bushcraft Survival" (apart from the fact that the Survival sheath has the additional firesteel, diamondsharpener and backedge of the knife designated for sparking the firesteel <-> Forest has a round backedge).
As far as I can see the Bushcraft "Forest" and "Survival" are further exactly the same knives ? Same steel Sandvik 12C27, handle, dimensions, edge etc. or am I missing something ?
Their website is not so clear on this: they mention both the Survival and Forest next to eachother but they do not say that apart from the difference in backedges if there are any further differences.
Jeff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE