Article: FixnZip:Replacement Zipper Slider

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
It's a product that's long overdue when you consider zippers have been around a good hundred years now.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That's awesome. I've been wanting to add another zip slider in my Jerven bag so I can create an opening anywhere along the length, I thought about using an ordinary zip puller and pulling it apart with some pliers and squeezing it back again. But that looks a lot easier!

mylofitz

Apr 19, 2012
Cheshire
Needed the small for a Rohan zip in gillet. Bit fiddly but it worked a treat for zipping into the outer shell. Had tried YKK for a replacement with no joy. Thanks John

Last edited:

Fallschirmwomble

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
Tennis Town
WOW!!!
An impressive piece of engineering - Whitcomb Judson must be smiling in his grave! Credit and respect to the inventors, whoever they are.

Many years ago during my military service, I prescribed that an army section (or between two) should carry a small equipment repair kit in the field. Simple and light, it'd not take up much weight or space. Being a Private, no-one really took heed.

I still vehemently argue my case. Translating it to the civvie world, it'd mainly fall into being an essential for expeditions. After reading this review, I've added this zip repair kit list. It could literally be a lifesaver, especially in alpining and colder climate trekking/climbing.

Thanks for the review, John, I'd have gone on without knowing anything about this brilliant do-dat.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE