Around the world in 8,395 days (online article)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Of course there's no jelousy in our comments, we just like being wage slaves and productive members of society.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Professional bum then! Perhaps if I had no responsibilities or obligations I could do nothing for 25 years too? (Post#4)

Why would anybody call this guy a bum? Or think he's done nothing for 25 yrs?..........That's an amazing achievement that could never have been done by a bum or a wastrel; and it states quite clearly that he made money
along the way by dealing in various things. It also appears that he had no responsibilities or commitments when he set out so more power to his elbow.............I presume, widu13, that the responsibilities and obligations you have are ones that you chose for yourself?

The only thing that ticks me off about this item is that despite telling us repeatedly that he still used the same backpack as he set out with, nobody has said which pack this was - I would surely buy one of those!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Professional bum then! Perhaps if I had no responsibilities or obligations I could do nothing for 25 years too? (Post#4)

Why would anybody call this guy a bum? Or think he's done nothing for 25 yrs?..........That's an amazing achievement that could never have been done by a bum or a wastrel; and it states quite clearly that he made money
along the way by dealing in various things. It also appears that he had no responsibilities or commitments when he set out so more power to his elbow.............I presume, widu13, that the responsibilities and obligations you have are ones that you chose for yourself?

The only thing that ticks me off about this item is that despite telling us repeatedly that he still used the same backpack as he set out with, nobody has said which pack this was - I would surely buy one of those!

I did mean it to be tongue in cheek!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
@ Goatboy;....I didn't take exception to your posts, Gb, ( or anybody elses, really) I was just a bit non-plussed at the assumption that this fella was seen as a bum or dropout of some sort; what he did was surely no holiday
and I reckon it an excellent thing to have done. :)

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
The man lived/lives his dream. I give him credit and respect for that as very few others would have the guts or stamina to do so. But having money, no obligations or responsibilities sure make things a whole lot easier.
I would not want to trade with him though, since it isn't my dream. Far from.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE