Army Surplus in Hampshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
basingstoke, Camo corner. Exit festival place by gamestation walk up towards mcdonalds. just after the haymarket on your right there is 2 alleys on the right.
down the end of one of them on the left. Comauflauge corner. chinease man runs the place. very good. can get you anything and everything.

Thanks for that - I had the same question in this area and this is closer than Salisbury for me near Alton.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
I live on the outskirts of Basingstoke - born and bred. I know South Ham well.

I see you went for an upgrade to Slough!

Ha... ye when I was growing up I always planned to move somewhere a little more interesting and ended up here:confused:. I did come back for a shortwhile living in up natley near Hook but ended up moving back to slough. (necesity not choice) I still canoe the Basingstoke Canal whenever I can though.

Anyhow, let me know if you find out if camo corner is still there.

TrashCanMan

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2009
Basingstoke
I will double check next time I go in to town. I never usually venture to the top of town but will do to see. I'm fairly sure it has gone though....

Theres a pretty good store along Elm Grove called USMC (not sure if it's still there, was a little while ago)

Also if you get a chance, wander along to Albert Road and pop into Rothery's military antiques next to the theatre - the fella in there is one of the most fascinating and interesting people I've met (as well as a razor sharp and rather cantankerous old sod if you ask a silly question!) A visit there is a proper education!

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Theres a pretty good store along Elm Grove called USMC (not sure if it's still there, was a little while ago)

Also if you get a chance, wander along to Albert Road and pop into Rothery's military antiques next to the theatre - the fella in there is one of the most fascinating and interesting people I've met (as well as a razor sharp and rather cantankerous old sod if you ask a silly question!) A visit there is a proper education!

In the olden days, when fullbore pistol shooting was an accessible hobby, John Rothery was one of the only places for miles where you could buy .44 mag, .357 mag and .38 special ammunition! I didn't realise he was still alive or still cantankerous:lmao::lmao::lmao:

In the olden days, when fullbore pistol shooting was an accessible hobby, John Rothery was one of the only places for miles where you could buy .44 mag, .357 mag and .38 special ammunition! I didn't realise he was still alive or still cantankerous:lmao::lmao::lmao:

blimey hes still upright :lmao:
used to go in there regular as a student (early 90's) and buy tatty Kukris cheap to do up lots of stories etc

also when USMC opened up they were the new guys with the shiny expensive stuff :rolleyes::lmao:

ATB

Duncan

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Oh wow, someone swing the lamp!
I spent more than my fair share of time in Basingstoke, Popley and Winklebury for my sins.
Used to visit Camo Corner regularly.

One place that hasn't been mentioned is "Hursts" somewhere near Whitchurch from memory - more of a military scrapyard than a surplus store. I recall rummaging through their gear and finding everything from WW1 Officers mess silverware, up to military shunting engines and cranes.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
basingstoke, Camo corner. Exit festival place by gamestation walk up towards mcdonalds. just after the haymarket on your right there is 2 alleys on the right.
down the end of one of them on the left. Comauflauge corner. chinease man runs the place. very good. can get you anything and everything.

Wow!! is he still trading??

Worked for him for a couple of years when i was a kid,had a market stall at Blackbushe selling all the 'tat' that he couldn't get rid of in the shop.
I think his name is Lenny used to pay us way less than a pound an hour!!

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
in bournemouth there's frontline which is in lansdowne
in southampton there's a supply shop near the west quay shopping center, between it and burger king area.

in bournemouth there's frontline which is in lansdowne
in southampton there's a supply shop near the west quay shopping center, between it and burger king area.

found these guys last week in Bornemouth its airsoft so a lot of plastic rubbish butthey have a lot of new gear and you can go in to buy i got a load of bits of webbing strap and paracord etc

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE