Army Desert Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Hi I was wondering troops if you have any advice you could share with regards to buying a good pair of Army Desert Boots. Need a pair with quite a high instep, just to wear knocking about casually.

phil

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i recently got a pair of the Meindl desert fox boots from on here, gotta say they are very good, comfy, light, pretty cool ( temp wise ! ) to wear nice and soft and suprisingly waterproof.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No recommendations on the boots them selves. However if you find a pair you like and the only drawback is the instep, then you can simply change the insole or use an insert insole from your chemist.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i picked a pair up genuine issue from a surplus store for £25
i use them a lot for kicking about in there great and look good worn with faded jeans

finbo

Aug 12, 2011
East Lothian
Bought a grade 1 pair of Lowas very happy with them no breaking in and good ankle support, however not waterproof , a pair of MPV socks helps with this.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
I've just brought these Mil-Tec Tactical Zipper Boots Khaki size 8 UK , Just for knocking around in my 511's, I hope they are good???
medscalezipper_boots_desert1.jpg

Last edited:

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
The Mil Tec stuff I've had has been ok, never tried their boots though.

Personally though (an I emphasise that it is just my view!) I tend to stick to the old 'military' maxim that boots & zips don't mix! - but you never know, these may be ok

Den

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
I've just brought these Mil-Tec Tactical Zipper Boots Khaki size 8 UK , Just for knocking around in my 511's, I hope they are good???
medscalezipper_boots_desert1.jpg

Have similar ones, used for military purposes, but only on camp and urban areas, not great in winter.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Hi Itzal,
That's just what I want them for, I use Lowa's when iam on patrol at work, so these are just for knocking around in!!!
ooh

Good boots I also have some black lightweight 511's, perfect for nights, feet up until a shout comes in. Never had them leak in moderate rain and did well in Cyprus.

I have lowas (desert and black both are comfy, desert ones tend to not last as long as mendl.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE