ARKTIS BH SALE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Oh. Now that is going to cause a moment's pause. I was just about to order a green windproof smock from Varusteleka

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Is that stuff high end quality equipment?

Can I for example buy this shirt here and wear it as the only shirt on a three or five years long rucksack based world journey, washing it in the evening and putting it on next morning or even putting it in hot conditions on after washing and twisting it out without getting the problem that it falls in pieces?

Does it last so long or not? And if not, how long does it round about last if I wear it really every day?

By the way, do you think that it is midges proof or is it too thin?

Is the fabric which contains 50% plastic still relatively spark resistant???

It's not reduced in the price now, but it's for me the most interesting Arktis product and I never have seen such a shirt in a shop in Germany. So, I am really interested in your opinions, because after trying out a lot of low budget options to recommend them to boy scouts and other beginners, I currently reorganise my old high end quality expedition stuff and think about completing it with exclusively European, North American and Australian made equipment.

My Snugpak Special Forces sleep system is so incredibly convincing that I got pretty interested in the newer high end stuff.

Last edited:

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I’ve worn two of my shirts for over 11 years. The odd spark will be fine. Nothing is Scottish midge proof unless it’s midge netting but these have coped well with a head net and a spray of Smidge at the cuffs and front opening. I wear mine as a shirt and as the youth say a ‘snacked’.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Thanks for that, Scoman. I'd been backpeddaling on that a bit in any case. Hopped off the bike completely now. Where did you hear the neg rep? The reviews on the Varusteleka site are pretty adulatory.

Also, have you heard anything about the Sarma outdoor jacket?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
No sorry. I was looking at the windproof smock reviews which Ed turned me off. I have their outdoor trousers which are the bees knees

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
What's "snacked" ???

I was young when I learned English in school out of books from the fifties, but this word probably was not yet created.

There is no translation offer in the internet for "snacked".

Do you mean the US army BDU / field blouse stile, shirt out of the trousers as a jacket?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE