Arisaig

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We had 24degs two days in a row, amazing clear skies, sun was burning the tent at 7am, amazing sunsets, nothing stops the view of the sun. Pure white sand and shell beaches abound. The film Local Hero was shot here. That link is the best beach for sunsets....

They are the best mainland beaches, that is outside of the islands up here. The beaches are coral and shell rather than sand, they from Machair.

Best campsite is Bunacaimbe, although it's only 18 pitches so book early as by easter she is often fully booked for july and august.

I'm leading a club sea kayak trip there this weekend too........

Gailainne

Life Member
That's Joyces site, lovely lady, I used to go up there 2, 3 times during the summer car camping, my sister introduced me to the site, she had been going for years. Beautiful beaches, and when the tides out there are rocks with really good pools exposed, always plenty of life to marvel at, and the sunsets!! none better, especially with Eigg, Rum and Sky just off the coast.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It's a micro climate up there. Often Skye and inland at Knoydart and Ardnamurchan has low cloud
rain as they attract fronts on the way in from the Atlantic. Arisaig sticks out from the mainland
and seems to miss a lot of precipitation.

It has little shelter from westerly or SW winds though so no big tunnel tents advisable.

The water is warm due to the Gulf Stream, one of the reasons the 'Sound of Sleat' has many basking sharks at this time of year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE