Argyll Coastal Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice shot of the nest, that's a belter of a zoom you've got on that new camera.

I'm sure I went past the optical into the digital zoom. I'm quite surprised at how its come out TBH.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Some more pics. Great weekend guys, thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

LSW_APR_01.jpg

LSW_APR_02.jpg

LSW_APR_04.jpg

One of the beaver trails.

LSW_APR_05.jpg

Pete sourced the makings of a bowdrill and spent an afternoon trying various combinations.

LSW_APR_06.jpg
LSW_APR_07.jpg

LSW_APR_08.jpg
LSW_APR_09.jpg

LSW_APR_10.jpg
LSW_APR_11.jpg

LSW_APR_12.jpg

Big spork diary.

LSW_APR_13.jpg

LSW_APR_14.jpg
LSW_APR_15.jpg
LSW_APR_16.jpg

LSW_APR_17.jpg
LSW_APR_18.jpg
LSW_APR_19.jpg

Panorama of the campsite(click for bigger pic).

:)
Josh

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Nice one Josh, great pics :)

It's good to see the Greenland paddle taking shape in pics, looking forward to seeing it battle-ready.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yup, great piccies again Josh

Can't wait to see the paddle next time I'm up

Big tarp dried out nicely today in the wind and sun, back flushed the filter and got it running like a good un again

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice looking trip mate, wish I was up there, been a few years now since i have been... thanks for sharing

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yup, great piccies again Josh

Can't wait to see the paddle next time I'm up

Big tarp dried out nicely today in the wind and sun, back flushed the filter and got it running like a good un again

Did you see anything come out the inlet of the inline filter when you backflushed it? Strange how it blocked up. The water didn't seem dirty enough.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Did you see anything come out the inlet of the inline filter when you backflushed it? Strange how it blocked up. The water didn't seem dirty enough.

No not really, not even any scummy coloured water came out. I stripped it right down and ran tap water through it for a few minutes using the adapter jobby, pulled out all the wadding in the pre-filters and gave that a good clean too. I ran a mild bleach solution through it afterwards and then gave it a good rinse.

It's the first time I've done any maintenance on it since I got it so it's been well overdue.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Looks like a cracking trip chaps, really sorry I couldn't make it along, maybe next time :)

All the best,

Stuart.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Looks like a good weekend in a lovely part of the country .

Re. The marks on the trees , could it have been done to give someone a supply of dead standing firewood .
They could be left for years in a usable state and cut down and used as and when needed .

Craig......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE