Argos Pro-action 1 man tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

HaggisBasher

Hi guys

Can anyone who has this tent tell me the inside length. I reckon its too good a deal to miss at £20 but I'm 6'4" so its no good if I couldnt get in it and stretch out.

Cheers
Tom

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I just bought one at the weekend and it looks good (Argos still have them for £19.99).

I'm 5'6 and on the pudgy side (ahem...), and had no real problem with the interior space, although I think it would be pretty tight for someone 6'4 if not impossible.

It went up very easily indeed, although folding back up again was a bit of a challenge; and when packed the stuff sack is tiny!

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Hey Womble, did you use it at Dartmoor? Have any problems?
I found it was a little difficult to get the outer taught enough to get the fabric `ripple` free. To help I used an extra guy on the front large hoop, that pulled it all nicely :)
Some people have added an extra loop half way down on the side of the tent, also on the small hoop at the end.
I dont think its a problem as such, could just be `needs must` at the time/place.

JimFSC

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2004
Isle of Wight
Had mine for a month or so now and used it twice- I'm 5'11" and had a good 10" of clearance so...I think you would be near the maximum to be honest..depends how much clearance you want.
Worth noting this is my replacement one- I put my first up before taking off camping and one of the top two hanging strips broke off, Argos replaced it straight away- the new one had black staps (instead of white) and these appeared to be made from stronger material, indeed this one has been fine. Although I agree that the relative positions of outer and inner at the entrance end need minor adjustments for best performance all said a great tent for the price (mine was £19.99 :-D ).

Best wishes and Blue Sky, Jim. :wink:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Well, the tent got used by a friend at the weekend, and he said it was very comfortable. Admittedly it didn't have to put up with any rain, so that test will have to wait for another day.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
At £15, it is an incredible deal. I suspect that Argos ordered a load of them after the initially high demand following the good reports about them on the net, but now this demand has been met they've got too many. After all, no serious outdoorsman would buy a fifteen quid Argos tent, unless he has read all the good user reports here and elsewhere.

Used mine for 3 nights now. holding up well. Zip a bit sticky but easily sorted with silicone spray.

I'm very tempted to buy a spare. But will they go any lower????

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
While bathing my toddler, Rosie, last week I told her that the Argos tent was now only £14.99. She replied "Oh. Dat's good. Please you buy me one?" So I did. She loves it, as do the older two!

I found it easy to put up, easy to take down, and despite the kids' rough treatment it's holding up well

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I did a quick Demo of the tent to the Scouts on Friday night. I didn't want to come over as an Argos Salesman, but I do think it's a perfect sort of tent for them to take on weekend hikes, and it's at a price they can afford.

Can anyone confirm the hyrostatic head of the topsheet? I thought I saw it was 2000mm, which seem to be pretty good (in comparison the the Millets std of 1500mm).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE