Day Out Are we there yet???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Just a quick trip and a few hours in the wood. The excuse was...check on Spring, not the water one, the season one...:biggrin:

The bank beside the road up through the village looks set to provide it's usual welcome to the Spring. Crocus is the advance guard again this year.

Snow Drops are in full bloom.

Hats off to the folk from the rural Highways Department around here. It would be easier and quicker to dredge the roadside ditches by just dragging the bucket along the ditch and dumping the spoil on the verge. That's precisely what they do in fact..but they take care not to bury the early Wild Flowers..

Brew stop in the wood...Chinese folding stove..had it ages, ..10/10 :finger:

I wanted to check on the Ramson crop. Looking promising.

Looking across the valley on the way home, the river valley and Downland in the distance have that green blush which to me always means Spring is safely on her way..and they are forecasting 13+ C for Sunday..

Right that's it for now, off to dig out my shorts and flip-flops...

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Time and distance. So many parts to "getting there."
Half way with my kids was a stop at 0.75 for food and drink = half way there.

Been a brutal winter here with no warm spells as has been in the past.
January seemed to take 6 months, February will drag on for 3 or 4 more.
My a$$ is really dragging from one chair to another to a bar stool in the kitchen.

Sunset behind the west mountains on the solstice here was 1:52 PM.
Now there's good light in the sky at 5:30PM. Can't be all bad.

Your pictures are very encouraging. Spring flower here are the dandelions by the bazillion ( that's 10^12 in real maths)
Gives me a sense of renewed optimism for May and June here.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Herman30, if you like, I will buy you a drink. At least there's no bugs and no mud.
All the dog and deer crap in the village is still frozen solid.
My GMC Suburban is eating gas like it's free for the taking.
Mi casa, su casa.

Reactions: Herman30

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well wild garlic is showing crocuses are in Bloom as are primroses . Daffodils are beginning to burst into flower. The birds are singing their prologue to spring and the thermals are back in the drawer. Grass is threatening to grow like to psychology and I've worn my sunglasses for the first time this week. I love British springtime.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
And now..especially for all you Northern Frosties...in the rough grassland close to where I live.
This morning on my walk to the gym...

We did have some snow this Winter, at least 3 cm...as a result people stumbled from the Supermarkets pushing trollies loaded with loaves of bread. Snow melted in 4 hours and days later the local wild bird population were extremely fat having been fed stale bread. Seagulls needed a 50 metre run up to gain take off speed and any more than 4 fat blackbirds perched on a branch broke the branch...

Honestly...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE