Are there original NZ Swanndri bush shirts with hoods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Spotted a couple on fleabay *without* hoods. Wondering if this was standard and whether or not the original NZ bush shirts were also produced with hoods.

TIA.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
The models with hoods are the 'Original' Bush Shirt and the Mosgiel, which as a detchable hood. The kid's Brixton also has a hood.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Not really. I'm looking for a used deal, and preferably a Swannie made in NZ before they transferred production to China.

This one is an original Kiwi-made bush shirt, but doesn't have a hood; hence my question: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swanndri-Pure-Wool-Clyde-Bush-Shirt-w-Collar-NZ-Made-M-/370541921857?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item5646050641#ht_1430wt_905

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
As well as ebay, you could try some of the local (nz) online sites eg:http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Sea...Search_keypresses=0&generalSearch_suggested=0I've never used any of these sites, but nz is a good place to look for a swandri.If there are any kiwi's online they could suggest some other local sites ?(no affiliations with any sites or auctions etc)
I don't think you can register and buy or sell on trade me unless you have a NZ or AU bank account it helps to keep prices reasonable for us locals and saves TM a load of hassles I suspect...Swanndri have an online store themselves if you're after something new. If you want an older made in NZ Swanndri then unless it's in the Uk or on eBay or on the classifieds here....My view on the Swanndri stuff is that the current 'Chinese' made stuff and the last of the NZ made stuff really has little difference. A much older Swanndri is a better garment I'd agree with that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE