Are there any good bushcrafty things to do around Norwich????

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello all,

I'm off to Norwich this w/end to visit the in-laws, while I'm there I'll be wanting to get out on my own and do some bushy stuff.
Does anyone know of anywhere that I could possibly go..Woodland or ancient sites to visit etc.

Thanks

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
hi mate...

i live just north of the city and there are a few things around. There are the remains of an old saxon site which was actually on an exisiting roman site called Venta Icenorium (sp) just off the outer ring road to the south-ish of the city. The city also has a castle right in the heart which is good for a few hours!!

With regards to woodland there are a load of places to go really. Hethel, Mousehold, Bacton Wood, Sheringham Park (bit of a trek)...

If you know roughly where in the city you are going i can try and recommend a place closer. PM me if needs be..

Hope the info helps...

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi Greg...i know exactly where that is mate..

you could do worse than trying Bowthorpe park or Eaton Park. Bowthorpe isnt very big, and both can get busy-ish...If you want to get away from the noise you could head towards the airport, and take the a140 towards Aylsham. You will come to a place called Horsham St. Faith which has some nice wooded area. Continue for another few miles and you'll come to a place called Hevingham. Here there is a national trust woodland, and it doesnt get busy at all. Depends on the distance you are willing to travel really...there are some cracking places further towards the north norfolk coast too...

...hope the info helps. if you need any more dont hesitate to ask.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cheers Fella, I don't mind travelling at all so I think I might go and check that NT woodland out.
Many thanks! Maybe see you around the campfire someday.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
No probs mate...Bacton Wood is seriously worth checking out too...Just north of a place called North Walsham. If im not on the father-in-laws land, im normally at Bacton Wood. Mixed broadleaf and pine woodland...chock full of deer, but a bit of a drive though...

...If you were to keep driving past the NT woodland towards Aylsham, Blickling Hall is worth a visit with its estate...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE