Are Streamlines Legal to use in UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
This looks like an excellent device. Think I'll have to order one. Doesn't look too hard to make, but nice to have a good pattern. Wonder if you couldn't make it out of a moose shoulder blade?

No restraint on their use here - I've used hand lines many times. Thanks for posting this.

PG

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
this is more or less the same as a crab line right ? £3.00 at the sea side ,change the line from that 50lb orange stuff to 6lb mono and hang it out the side of your canoe ? this coupled with my eel nets should make a very nice and lightweight addition to my canoe kit.
do bailifs swim out to inspect you in the middle of a river ? :D lets hope not

pierre:- i would love to see one made out of bone if you ever get round to it

i once said to a freind ..................come fishing down the res with me its fly fishing only but you get a trout first cast every time with a spinner ........he said no..........i said ahh i get it the wife wont let you your under the thum m8........to wich he replied its not that im a balif on that res :eek:

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
oh bugger i started reading the by laws now im going to spend the next few days scared to step beyond the garden again
lol

Mar 30, 2006
cleveland
i used to fresh water fish alot when i was younger. some of the older guys would sit there pole fishing all day catching fish after fish, rip the hook out (not use a hook disgourger) and chuck the poor thing into a cramped keepnet and usually not survive to the end of the day. what makes me laugh at these laws and regs is that they should be amied at the user (aslong as the catching method is not to extream), in that the fish should be treated with respect whether it is to be eaten (suitable killed, not left flapping on the bank to die) or returned, not wether it is caught on a handline or a rod. sorry to rant on :)

Reactions: bambodoggy

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
I haven't read the rules and regs as posted as life is to short and I am to scared. However, I take it you can handline and fish generally without a ticket on tidal rivers as technically this is merely an extension of the sea, if you see what I mean! I would love to know if this is correct as I would like to have a go a fishing for the pot without being arrested.

Cheers all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE