Arctic Rucksack Acquired

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 3, 2016
Gateshead UK
I have just acquired a Arctic Rucksack as used in the Falklands. This rucksack is in great condition with all straps etc but no frame. Any ideas where I can get an army H frame from or will a civvy one fit. Although it does feel comfy without the frame I dont know what it will feel like with some weight in it. I have a framed para bergen and it is good but the arctic one feels more comfy for my stocky build.

Jan 3, 2016
Gateshead UK
I have been looking on youtube and our cousins over the pond have been making frames for Alice packs using 1/2 inch PVC pipe and connectors. This looks a simple enough task and I am tempted to try it. If these PVC frames are robust enough for Alice packs then maybe they will be robust enough for the Arctic bergen.

Jan 3, 2016
Gateshead UK
Jan 3, 2016
Gateshead UK
I really like the Arctic Bergen and have decided to keep it as it is suited to my needs. But I have a dilemma as have far too many Bergens so I have put my framed SAS Bergen on Ebay and see what interest is generated on there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE