arctic peak district more pics

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Following Shewie's Ladybower pics I thought I would put some up that I took at work yesterday. Edale is about 5 miles from Ladybower as the crow flies but there is a big hill in between.

This was the view out of my front door early morning.
IMG_7472.jpg

and icicles on the woodshed
IMG_7464.jpg

The road to the workshop
IMG_7473.jpg

I cut some beech up for plate blanks
IMG_7484.jpg

Turned a set of plates
IMG_7491.jpg

and headed home
IMG_7497.jpg

Right hand end of this ridge is Mam Tor a bronze age hill fort, far left of the ridge is Loose Hill and just over the horizon to the left is Ladybower.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Last time I saw Mam Tor looking like that I was in my 20s (long time ago...) got caught in a blizzard on top of the ridge and spent the afternoon of the next day helping a farmer digging sheep out of snow caves they had formed for themselves (one floored with the bloody corpse of one of their less lucky brethren..) in the sides of stream side drifts....it aint all pretty!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely shots Robin. We were going to venture round to your neck of the woods but I didn`t fancy getting stuck on those little roads if it snowed again.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Still get amazed with the Beauty of the UK. Why do people go abroard?

You said it.

When I lived in East Anglia the Peak District was the nearest place to get a mountain fix. I have a great fondness for the area even now. Besides the excellent wild country I found the local folk very friendly, decent beer in the pubs and from the geological point of view it's an interesting place. And you could (can?) get to Edale by train - a perfect jumping off point for Kinder, Mam Tor and of course the Pennine Way.

Mam Tor gives great views for the reasonable climb. Kinder takes a bit more effort but the sights are fantastic: the Kinder Gates, the Kinder Downfall (when the wind is right there is spray everywhere - they say you can see the spray from Stockport), and good views from the rim of the plateau.

Preaching to the converted I know, but navigation on Kinder is, er, challenging.:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE