Arctic down-filled sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
They are the old Royal Marine issue Arctic bags. They are like an updated version of the old 58 pattern feather bag. They have more filling and an external zip baffle, which easily distinguishes it from the standard 58. My brother was in the marines and did a 3 month stint in Norway every year. He says they were great bags and warm enough for the conditions. As with any Army surplus bags though...condition can vary. The bag could be 20 - 40 years old, may have been left rolled up on a shelf for years, may have been heavily laundered or dry cleaned, and may have lost much of the filling. Then again it could be an absolute belter of a bag. If they get them bag in stock I'd want to talk to them on the phone before buying. I'd apply all the above to a 58 pattern too. A good one is a great bag but a lot are way past there best by now.

I recently slept in the current issue synthetic bag and I was cold at 0 degrees. The bag looks like new but who knows how often it's been in a washing machine. It's past it's best as a winter bag though.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. I slept out in mine at the weekend. Temp went down to minus 2 degrees and I was toasty warm! I love my bag! I also have the old 58 and its way better than that one. Buy one they are great!

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
i miss my synthetic arctic, stupidly sold when i got given a carinthea defence 4 which i find has more space inside but is nowhere near as warm or comfortable

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE