APF Forestry show pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Went to this today, at Canock Chase. Gransfors for sale everywhere. Loads of cool stuff to see if your into this kind of thing. Not the usual tranquil bushcraft but what norm goes on in them there woods.

These were 80' high and the stig went up it in 11 and a bit seconds!

Plenty of traditional crafts

This chap was in his mid 70's and goin strong. Good lad!
Made me feel unfit. This event they chop sections out of a pole, put in planks to stand on and work there way near to the top, then chop it off, all with an axe!

Nice Tarp, the mobile log cabin wasn't bad either.

BIG boys toys!

Plenty of nice chainsaw sculptures

Addo :D

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Brilliant post Addo,wish you'd have told me as would have gone with you.

Bernie

Sorry about that Bernie, would have been welcome. managed to get a ticket through work last minute. There were a couple of knife stalls too and old british tools for sale.
Walked around it all and it took all day without going to the same bit twice.

It is on again tomorrow. :D

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Wished I'd got your number I could have rang and met up for a beer I was there yesterday aswell, top day out.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i went there with college:D the sig was amazng! iv done a it once befor at college, a 50' pole and that scared the cr*p out of me! lol. i got a natonoko silky saw reely cheep and a spoon knife.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Soar, I'll PM it. Shame I missed you mate, its like being in a sweet shop int it. Im missing my climbing like mad.

Peter, I went to the silky stand, he goes can I help you there, I said you could but ive got 3 types already. still tempted by the Gomboy though. Got the mighty zubat at the mo, by gum!

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
went too and had a good day, the dug-out canoe was interesting (based on the ancient one in Shrewsbury museum), some good traditonal stuff like bodgers, some hand-made knives and plenty of tool stalls, the old fella 77-year-old Jim celebrated his birthday by swinging axes and climbing 80-foot douglas fir poles, he is clearly not ready for pipe and slippers yet good luck to the old gent, the hot-saw was a real beast of a thing, three times faster than a traditional chainsaw, apparently the axe-throwing wasn't allowed (so i was told when i didn't find it, if that info was correct), some fellas hammocking and others camping in the woods.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
if i am correct i don't think it is at the same site every year, last year it was at Ragley Hall, i don't know next year's location, worth going though.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Its chaps like Jim and Jake Corell ( The trapper from Rays bushcraft america) that stop me moaning about getting older and not being able to do stuff. Good for them, hope im that keen and positive in another 40-50 years if im still here!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I wonder if old Jake is still bouncing around those mountains? Probably passed away by now, what a life he led. there must be books written about him, surely?

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I hope hes still here, love his story about the walk he did against the younger bloke, who he rescued rather than leaving him to hobble home. ended up walkin 40 mile in a day plus the ride back.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yeah, a great guy. I couldn't believe he was that old! He didn't look it. Either my body was carp to begin with or he is just hard as nails. I'm 32 (I think!) and I feel like a wreck!

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
apf_smockbag_021.sized.jpg

Fantastic I had a spell at carving mushrooms and found that hard enough:( But then Im fik innit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE