Anyone used the Leatherman bit driver extension with a Skeletool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Has anyone ever used a Leatherman bit driver extension (the knurled bar one) with a Skeletool? I've just gone to order one and the reviews are mixed, with some claiming that it is not really suitable and others claiming that the once "in" the bits won't come out. As most published reviews are usually from those with either very good or very bad experiences I thought I'd ask you guys as I know I'll get a more balanced picture from you. Cheers

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
A cheaper option is get a normal magnetic hex extension and gring two sides of the hex flat so it fits in. The you can use cheap hex bits as well.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've not had a problem with mine, I used it today in fact.
The extension bar takes normal hex bits as well as the flat leatherman bits.
While it can be difficult to get the bits out of the extension, It just so happens I have a handy pair of pliers on my person....

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Thanks guys, interesting point re removing the bit Graham as that was one of the criticisms that had come up, but as you say, oddly enough, I have a handy pair of pliers too :)

Bigroomboy, I'll check that out, thanks, depends a lot on the comparative prive, I can get the extender for a tenner and would have to rely on a mate in a machine shop to run me a "foreign" job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE