Anyone used the Condor Sapien?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I'm thinking of getting the Condor Sapien... I'd love to know what people think of it if anyone has one!

I think I'm basically after a full tang Mora Classic 2.
If anyone knows of any other good full tang alternatives (under £50) let me know :)

It would have to be smaller than a Woodlore clone.
When I was first getting into bushcraft, I got a Condor Bushlore. I love it! It needed a bit of TLC, but I have a lot of time for Condor for the price. :approve:
These days I tend to carry a large knife (MOD survival knife) and a small knife (a Hultafors Heavy Duty Knife which I've made the handle shorter) - between these two, I feel I can do everything I want to do. I guess it's a sort of less elegant leuku/puukku combination.

I was going to buy a Mora Classic 2 but I'd really like to go full tang and the Condor Sapien has caught my eye.
I'm keen on full tang knives with wood scales, and I guess I'd like my small knife to match my big knife.
The Bushlore is a little too big to be my puukku.

This forum has been very expensive for me. Threads like these help me to be sure before I shell out more money! :D

Many thanks!
Will

outpost31

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2009
scotland
The handle is very small. I have large-ish hands and found it too small to be comfortable for any length of time, same with a mora classic no1. if you take a medium size glove or smaller it may be ok.The mora robust handles fit me better. Not tried a classic no2 but i believe the handle is longer than the no1 ?.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
The handle is very small. I have large-ish hands and found it too small to be comfortable for any length of time, same with a mora classic no1. if you take a medium size glove or smaller it may be ok.The mora robust handles fit me better. Not tried a classic no2 but i believe the handle is longer than the no1 ?.

Was the main problem the length of the handle or the width?
I'm happy with a short handle, but with quite big hands, if the handle is too narrow to work with, I'd probably stick with my Bushlore.

weekender, thanks for the heads up about Kungaryfu's Sapien for sale - we've been in touch.

Shinken, thanks for the advice. Moras are excellent. Durability's not really the issue. I wont be batoning or anything like that with my little knife, and if I did want to, I know the Heavy Duty Companion would be more than tough enough.
I just prefer full tang, especially for larger blades, and I'd like my smaller knife to match it.
I'd prioritise getting a good knife rather than a good looking knife, but if I can get a really good little knife that's full tang I'd be happier :)

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Thats fair enough mate, can i ask why you prefer full tang knives?
I think it's the simplicity of one piece of steel making the whole knife with a couple of scales just bolted on to help you grip it.

Beautiful & epic quote by the way.
God is love. whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.1John 4:16

outpost31

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2009
scotland
Hi Will, I personally found the handle too short and too narrow, the small finger choil didn't help either. Don't misunderstand me it's a solid wee knife and a capable user, but if it had just been a bit bigger it would have suited me fine. My pal owns it now and he loves it but he has small hands. The sheath is pretty good too,i've seen worse sheaths on far more expensive knives.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE