Anyone tried these new Magzips ?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
It looks like it will take the fiddlyness out of the conventional pin and box set-up, so may well ease zipper use with injured, cold or mittened hands, but you're still going to need two hands to bring the parts close enough for the magnets to engage in anything but dead calm conditions.

Might you also end up with a couple of magnets in roughly the same area you might hold a compass?

How much are they likely to be and when are they going to be available without an attached garment?

Last edited:

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
First time I have seen this, and quite interesting, although I agree that having magnets everywhere can be troublesome - will need to see it in real life before making my mind up.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
One of my shooting coats has magnets to hold the pocket flaps open for easy access to ammunition. Trouble is most cartridges have steel end caps, so from time to time you get a cartridge hanging off them, not great I'm afraid.

But the zipper idea might work.

Dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
To be honest the magnetic bit was the least interesting thought I had about them. It was the sideways fitting that's not juggle about-able like the pin and slot, that caught my eye :)

Thank you for the responses :)

cheers,
Toddy

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
I like the idea too, but worth reinforcing the problem with compasses. Couple of my friends were on Dartmoor a while back. One was testing his fancy ski jacket.He hadn't even considered how the storm flap stayed shut. Luckily they were both checking each others navigation and soon spotted the discrepancy, but it might have turned out differently.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE