Anyone recommend a small key fob sized torch with a reasonable spec?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
As the title says! Is anyone chuffed to bits with a small torch they own that would be worth having on hand?

Found myself needing a torch a few times lately and the mobile didn't quite cut it!!!

Something highly portable and pocketable!

Leo

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
how bright are you looking for? and how much are you looking to spend?

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?...&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

is a pretty good buy, tiny, feather light and pretty cheap! I have one on my keys. I also keep a streamlight microstream in my bag : its a little bigger runs on a single aaa, but it's a great all rounder, beats the pants off a maglite solitaire!

http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?P_ID=1914

that's just me though, others here might have better! :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The microlights are dead handy but they don't throw the light very far, good for close in jobs or as a back up. A guy I was on a course with last year had bought some 200 lumen 1AA torches from China on ebay and they were superb, I think he only paid about £18 incl shipping.

Dealextreme usually have some good lights on offer, free worldwide shipping too.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Look at 'GearUp Europe' on this forum in the commercial sales area, they do iTP A3 (I think) torches, 1AAA battery, metal case, key ring chain, 3 brightness settings, v bright.

Inexpensive and I've had mine a year or so now - they're not noddy toys.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
+1 for the Fenix EO5, one of the best purchases I ever made!

For a only a few squid more than a solitaire you get something pretty astounding in a tiny package. (about time maglite raised their game!)

I can personally reccommend the Quark ones from 4sevens.com, the Fenix LD20 what I got my wife when she is out cracking crime and had a couple of LED Lensers which have been decent enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE