Anyone own a Wood Gas stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
Thanks for the suggestions guys it's much appreciated, plenty of food for thought, after getting home tonight and trying to work out what size I recon I need, I think I'm looking for something with enough room to fit my folding cup in and a few brew bits too, the msr Titan kettle looks very nice and perfect but I think I'm too tight to pay the price for it, if anyone knows of any knock off suggestions I'm all ears. I may well still get the one that Bod has as its a bit of a bargain.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I also use an MSR Stowaway 775ml pot, it fits that particular wood gas stove perfectly and makes for a very nice and compact cookset. If I have a need for a frying pan then I also have a small 'one egg' frying pan (£3 from Asda) which nests very nicely with the set, all I did was cut the handle off.

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
I also use an MSR Stowaway 775ml pot, it fits that particular wood gas stove perfectly and makes for a very nice and compact cookset. If I have a need for a frying pan then I also have a small 'one egg' frying pan (£3 from Asda) which nests very nicely with the set, all I did was cut the handle off.

I do like the MSR stowaway, its nice and compact and i like the fact that the handle keeps the lid closed shut but i think it might be a little too small as i like to keep a cup in my brew kit too, i know its probably me just me been awkward tbh as the folding cup could sit anywhere in my bag, i think its still a contender though.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Kit junkies the lot of ye :lmao:

I can't say nothing really since i just spent half an hour with a single knife on my new whetstones that i didn't need but for some reason bought at around 4am sat morning on last weekend according to paypal, yes my knife is now even more razor sharp than it was from my dc4 due to just finishing on the 8000 grit stone but really how bloody sharp do i need my whittling knife to be?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I blamed alcohol for many things in my youth but the only impulse buys in the wee hours of the morning were things like extra large doner kebabs, thank the gods of mice and men i never had the faith in the internet security back then to use my debit card online

Stelogic

Oct 25, 2015
Edinburgh
Hi Ben,

I have one and its some piece of kit, did a test last week against gas and kettle against my stove and billy can .. same amount of water and was almost dead heat .. a few seconds in it till rolling boil .. and for under £13 its a bargain.

steve

Nov 19, 2015
Devon
I ordered one of these stoves a few months ago from eBay. It came from a UK seller and was with me in 2 days :)

I was really impressed with the burn efficiency and keep it along with some wood pellets in my car, after getting caught-up in winter road chaos last year and the year before I wanted a way of making a brew. A few of the people I work with have ordered one and done the same.

IMG_1242SML.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE