Anyone make Whoopie slings?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
After a second pair of whoopies, anyone make them on here before I get some more from DD?

Cheers :)!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I got mine off a chap on ebay, for about £12 posted and they have skull beads in the loop to stop them disapearing

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I can make, have made a few for people on here but I'm not a business doing it.
If you supply the amsteel I can make you them.

Thanks Res, I'll keep your offer in mind if I come across some amsteel.

I got mine off a chap on ebay, for about £12 posted and they have skull beads in the loop to stop them disapearing

Howard5buy? I got a structural ridge off him as I remember. Loads of postage problems but he was an absolute gent about it, great seller.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
think that was the chap, orderd mine arived next day no probs, I want another set but he hasnt listed any recently

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
they are really easy to make just buy some amsteal and give it a go they take no more than 5 mins and that will be your first attempt, atb wayne

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
If you are concerned about messing it up have a with paracord first to make sure you can do it and that you have got your measurements right. That's what I did and followed a youtube video - it was straight forward and very easy

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
As been mentioned, easy to make. Matt from UKhammocks does a vid on youtube.

I learned from texasbushcraft on there.

If you fancy pimping your hammock? you can splice some whoopie hooks onto them. Used in conjunction with amsteel continuous loops. Another easy DIY job.

The only thing I changed from this set up is to make smaller loops than the standard 12" ones like you can buy.

Matt sells it all and will splice the hooks on for free:cool:

Have a go a splicing dude ! before long you will be messing about with smaller diameter stuff.

have fun !

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Cheers guys, you've convinced me to have a go :)

2.2mm amsteel blue, that's the stuff right?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE