Anyone know where i can get one of these from?

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Never use anything other than a wooden spoon I carved myself and my packpal personally.

Even when in the army I only ever used a "racing spoon", which is a cut down desert spoon with a hold drilled in the handle to string it round my neck....called a racing spoon as there was never time to eat so you just raced it down with the spoon as faast as possible! lol I thought all squaddies had one? :confused: lol :D

That FL thing looks heavy....and I guess only the French would need a bottle opener! lol :)

Bam. :)

paul.e

Oct 25, 2005
hythe kent
i thought all squaddies had one too! mines an old baby feeding spoon thats gone some very funny shapes after spending to long in hot tea.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Foreign Legion ....... errrr ..... no .... it's just a regular NATO KFS set. I think thats a bit of false advertising there :rolleyes:

You can get them at SofF. Here.

But with a penknife and a spoon you could probably make do. :)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
My local camping shop do something similar for £10 . Not sure if the fork and spoon are removeable though !!! But it does come with a pouch!!
Pumbaa

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Thanks for the replies
The more i talk to squaddies on here it appears that i seem to have missed out on so much :D . Never got issued with a bivi bag either :confused: .
Still i have one now and that's all that matters :)
As for the combi thing, i figured it was a good idea to keep everything for a certain task ( ie eating ) in one place. I am slowly learning that it makes sense to know where you keep things on your person and have a specific place for things in your pack. I am still on a good learning curve here ( hence all the posts by Bilko :D ) but loving every minute of it. I have am ordering an s10 ( old style ) resperater havasack to keep my swedish trangia, waterbottle, seasoning and brew kit in. You should have seen the inside of my tent at fisherfarm ( north meet ). Mud everywhere and with only my candle lantern and small torch i found it so useful to know where things are. Then again that's another reason to take less stuff with you ;) .
As for spoon making. still something that eludes me in practice at the moment :( . I have all the tecnique in my head from this site and tools at my disposal. My last effort split down the middle and petrified overnight on me :D. I think it was hawthorn. I shall be searching for a softer wood as soon as the deluge lets up a bit.
Bit of a ramble i'm afraid.
:)

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
TwoFourAlpha said:
Bilko,
Off topic, I know, but when were you with the 9/12L?

I had the honour of serving in their LAD ( I'm an Armourer ) in 1990.
Hello mate
91-97 give or take :)

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
bilko said:
I have am ordering an s10 ( old style ) resperater havasack to keep my swedish trangia, waterbottle, seasoning and brew kit in. :)

Blimey! Someone does listen to my diatribe!

I got my ressi bag from SoF, and a KFS ages ago. They are very good and quite light. The knife is bloody sharp but the fork and spoon are quite small. Not a problem though. It did take quite a while for me to suss that the fork and spoon clip into the plastic bit and it is used as a handle... I was using them on their own...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE