Anyone know anywhere one can legally wild camp in south western England?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shadow hawk

May 13, 2015
West midlands UK
I've been trying to find a place for me and my best mates to go for buchcraft weekenders but have yet to find much luck,preferably somewhere between weymouth and Birmingham since that encompasses the general area we all live,looking for a few acres of woodland that we can make a campfire and maybe even hunt with snares/air-rifles,not got much cash to spare either so places where the owner is kind enough to alow it for free would be preferable but not necessarily eliminating sites requiring a modest fee.

A stream or something for water/to fish in would also be nice to save on going to a farm house at 7am to get some water for a brew,but is again not 100% needed.

I'm trying to make sure I have all the permisions in order before doing it despite many just rocking up in the woods and squatting,considering myself and my mates all around 18 we'd rather not risk armed trespass charges for taking a machete for firewood or something onto land without permission.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
If you do find a kind landowner who will let you use their land for free, it might be an idea to start softly softly....leave the machete and air gun at home.....use a stove and take food with you, leave no mess and build up a relationship with the owner. I'm struggling to think of anybody I know who owns land that would give two young strangers carte blanche to rock up armed to the teeth ready to hack up firewood with jungle tools, trap with snares, swim and fish in their water courses and shoot goodness knows what without so much as a trial overnighter.....to say the least ;)

If you are intent on taking air weapons then make sure you have insurance you can show the landowner first.

Best of luck with your search....it's the holy grail you are after lol

Hope that helps,

Bam. :)

Shadow hawk

May 13, 2015
West midlands UK
If you do find a kind landowner who will let you use their land for free, it might be an idea to start softly softly....leave the machete and air gun at home.....use a stove and take food with you, leave no mess and build up a relationship with the owner. I'm struggling to think of anybody I know who owns land that would give two young strangers carte blanche to rock up armed to the teeth ready to hack up firewood with jungle tools, trap with snares, swim and fish in their water courses and shoot goodness knows what without so much as a trial overnighter.....to say the least ;)

If you are intent on taking air weapons then make sure you have insurance you can show the landowner first.

Best of luck with your search....it's the holy grail you are after lol

Hope that helps,

Bam. :)

Fair enough,if I found a place I agree that rocking up armed isn't a good first impression.

Olaf

Jun 5, 2015
United Kingdom
Just the shooting side. I live near the moors North Manchester. Never really had a problem finding shooting rights. Just trawl the farms with a good bottle of whisky as a present. A lot of farmers welcome pest control

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE