Anyone fancy a bit of biving on the Brecon Beacons?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

KenC

Take as little as you can. If you forget something really vital, text me by 6am on Friday morning and I'll try and bring a replacement along when I meet you that eve. Timm has my number.

K.

Timm

Sep 15, 2005
Gloucestershire
This is the state of play at the moment, I'm meeting Lyndon and his nephew at Storey Arms 12noon, then heading for the first camp at Llech Llia, should be there by 5pm at the latest depending on how many brew stops we have.

Woods Wanderer & M@rk will be meeting us at Llech Llia.

KenC will be meeting us on Friday "don't worry Ken I won't forget to call and thanks for the offer.

Meeting Ed for the last camp on Saturday night.

Haven't heard from Fallow Way so I'll take it he's not coming "but if you are mate just let me know where your meeting us.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Tim

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If anyone is going up today can you pass on a message that I wont be there .... I've been throwing up all morning and am in no condition to do anything :(

Feeling rather green

Ed

M@rk

Forager
Aug 31, 2005
Purley, (south London) Surrey
Well I got back yesterday smelling of smoke dirty tiered and still wet, very wet. :D
Tim thinks for a great time if you want to go walkabout again just let me know and I’ll be up for it. :You_Rock_ I’ve uploaded some pictures in the meet up gallery I think the one of Andy is great.
lyndon thanks for the lift to the train station :drive: top man.

Sorry to hear you was ill Ed maybe we will see you next time.

Timm

Sep 15, 2005
Gloucestershire
Thanks to M@rk, Lydon, Andy & Ken for a great time on the Brecons shame the weather wasn't better but I still enjoyed it.

Mark some great pictures and don't forget I need your address.

Andy hope you didn't get home to late.

I will let you know when I sort out another weekend, and if any of you sort anything out please let me know.

Ed hope your feeling better mate.

All I can say is your a great bunch of lads and not one axe murderer among you, well maybe Andy! (only joking Andy :lmao: )

Thanks Again

Tim

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
scanker said:
Be aware that there's no open fires at the second site you mentioned.

Although you're probably looking at the same document as me and already know that. :)
Which document's that then guys?? C'mon, do tell!!

Someone else was asking about grid refs, well you can look them up on www.streetmap.co.uk, select 'Landranger' on the options and put the grid ref straight in (take out any spaces) - works a treat. You can also convert between lat/long, os grid, postcode & telephone code by clicking the little link almost hidden in the blue banner at the bottom of the screen.

Whilst I'm going on about maps (sorry, not strictly on thread), www.multimap.co.uk does a great aerial photo overlay on top of the map, find your camp site by postcode (use streetmap to convert from grid ref to postcode!) then click the little camera icon at the top of the map.

Really I just wanted to say that I think it's great that you guys can just organise this amoungst a group of otherwise total strangers - good effort!!

K

KenC

Timm said:
Thanks to M@rk, Lydon, Andy & Ken for a great time on the Brecons shame the weather wasn't better but I still enjoyed it.

Mark some great pictures and don't forget I need your address.

Andy hope you didn't get home to late.

I will let you know when I sort out another weekend, and if any of you sort anything out please let me know.

Ed hope your feeling better mate.

All I can say is your a great bunch of lads and not one axe murderer among you, well maybe Andy! (only joking Andy :lmao: )

Thanks Again

Tim

Yep!
Thanks all. Really nice to go with you all. Sorry I was only a part timer - I hope your Saturday night wasn't too nasty. Would love to do it again, but maybe hold the rain. Oh, and I think I'll take just a few more things next time.

Ken.

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
like everyone allready said thanks for the weekend it was "an experience"
never ever do wales in march :lmao:
:You_Rock_ the hole lot of you... cant w8 till we get some shunshine
timm let me know if you get a cannoe and ill do the same m8
im up for any meet with you guys .........i just need to burn my kit and start again :D see you soon and thanks guys.
ill pm you for the rat pack link as soon as possible

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
yep we had a great time and the company was great and i enjoyed it thoraly i got home late but getting the number of a very pretty girl on the way home more than made up for it
next time im bringing the poncho
thanks again

Hawk

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2006
North Lincolnshire
Hi

I`ve just joined the forum and was plesently surprised how many other people live in or near Wales, is there any more meets lined up this year.

Hawk

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
hi hawk m8, yes ther is wer off canoing on the why river in august the topic is in this same section.
its just pass builth wells and finishes around ross on why not exactly in wales but close enuff as makes no difference
read the topic and drop me a pm if your interested ill give you all the info (if i missed anything out in the topic) :D welcome fellow taff :D

pm me if your bored if you promise not to make me walk im usually up for a night under the stars if its dry cheers lyn.

ps,ill pm you

Hawk

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2006
North Lincolnshire
Hi Lyn

Not sure if i`m going to be around for the canoeing, but perhaps we could meet up for an overnighter in May/June some time, do you think any of the others would be interested.

Do you have any details on the meet at Merthyr Mawr with Mors.

Hawk

Timm

Sep 15, 2005
Gloucestershire
Hawk

I won't be able to make make May/June but I would be up for a weekend later in the year around October.

Probably be able to drag Lyn alone.

If you like I'll you to my buddy list and we'll sort one out later.

Tim

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
If you are about for the last week in June I would like to come along. Where abouts are you going? I'm from Brecon but am sadly abroad (England) and love to get back and outdoors whenever possible.

Richard

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
not working so i need about a weeks notice and im up for any overnighter
with or without canoe :D ill send you a pm hawk

richeadon likewise m8 ill pm you just gimme a weeks notice and i can usually come

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE