Anyone done/doing Tough Guy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TomH

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2013
South Derbyshire
And I don't mean Tough Mudder, which is generally accepted as a second-rate, much easier rip off for students, corporate team building and posers. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TomH

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2013
South Derbyshire
Just wondered if anyone had any training tips and if anyone had camped there before.
January will be my fourth winter one.

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Never camped there but the area looked reasonable from the quick look around I had this year.
Training wise I always run as if preparing for a half marathon, throw in as much cross country as possible and keep up my usual circuits and activity levels... As you well know by now - the best training for a Tough Guy is a previous Tough Guy!

TomH

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2013
South Derbyshire
I think I'm going to camp this year, just so
I dont have to drive straight home after or so i dont have to risk waiting hours while people have their cars pulled out of the mud.
Hopefully we'll have some harsh weather before hand so i can get some acclimatisation training in.

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Agreed - did a 10 miler in the heat of the July heat-wave. What an ordeal!
Not that I'm looking forward to carrying the pack but at least in winter you haven't got to carry all the extra water and deal with the heat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE