Anyone bought any bushcraftandsurvival.co.uk DVD's?

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has actually bought these or even watched clips on youtube taken from the dvd's? I've watched the clips for some time and really like the laid back approach of Peter Gawleta. He's on the no frills diy tip which I really like and puts some good information forward. I wish I could have seen these when I first started getting kit as it would have saved me a bundle!

I've not seen him mentioned on here before but I've been tempted to get a couple of his dvd's. Whenever I have a few extra beans something seems to come up and I have to part with my cash though! Boilers, cars, etc. When I do finally manage to buy some I'll share my thoughts on them if anyone's interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DaQv1quZMs&feature=channel

A minimalistic approach to a meal! Slingshot, mora, homeade billy can and fire, job's a good un! What do you guys and girls think?

(I have no connections, just rate the straight forward style!)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have most of his DVDs and have met the man.
I think that the DVDs are OK value for money but the production values are variable and you get a lot of pictures of his dog!
There is solid info in the DVDs but also some not so useful stuff - IMHO :)

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I would have to agree with Mr Fenna,Also I would suggest searching for the Original sources,As they are alot more informative.ie Ray Mears and Ron Hood

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers guys! I know what you mean about seeing Ollie the dog even from the youtube clips! To be honest it's the info I want and the idea of him doing winter camps in Wales with hardly any kit is the sort of thing I'm after. I like the fact that it's all specific to places I frequent. I'm not too bothered about how slick the editing and production are but they're valid points. I've seen my fair share of Ray Mears and Les Stroud and everybody else on the telly, I enjoy all of it but this guy seems like he'd be a random hero in the pub I could relate to!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE