Anybody want to buy some land ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

marcja

Just as well, I believe they are a bit expensive as plots of land go. Some of the others will probably shed a little more light on the subject and provide other worthy places to look.

If I remember there was a thread a little while ago about buying wodland and all sorts of different suggestions came about, from a group purchase to a single purchaser charging membership (if memory serves me correct).

M

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Hi Rapidboy!!

I've been looking into buyonmg some land for some time now...very interested in permaculture and sustainabl;e woodland management...coppicing, charcoal burning etc and am eager to hear from anyone else interested in a co-operative woodland purchase. I would avoid the link you posted thouigh..they are rip of merchants...basically buy land, split it up and sell it to rich london folk that want a retreat in the country. For a good site go and good john clegg woodlands. They have woodlands for sale aswell as recent woodlands sold...which is useful when looking at how the market is going.

Booosh

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I want some but have no money, i tell you what you buy it and I'll look after it for you

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
It can be done reasonably cheaply,
We (SWMBO and me) have a part share in a 50 acre site. Currently growing veg, over-wintering ponies, ploy-tunnels etc etc and plenty of ideas for future projects, including building a round house which I can't wait to start.
All for the princely sum of £2k.... yup two grand, and its our to do whatever we want until forever, or we get fed up and sell the share on!

It does take quite a bit of organisation though.

Ogri the trog

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
there has been some other threads on this subject.

i am interested in buying some land - but i guess the main problem is if a group of people buy it - then its getting the land in a location that suites everybody.

Ogri the trog - where abouts is your plot located?

would be nice to find a similiar thing down in the south east.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
grahoom said:
there has been some other threads on this subject.

i am interested in buying some land - but i guess the main problem is if a group of people buy it - then its getting the land in a location that suites everybody..

If you were to ask the group first, there would likely be no agreement or the price would be astronomical. Whereas if a plot is available, the group can then make the best use of it. You might even attract a slightly different group of people depending on the type of land bought.

Ogri the trog - where abouts is your plot located?.

It's within a few miles of home in the heart of Mid Wales, and covers pasture, arable, woodland, track and waterways. Growing conditions are all that Welsh weather can throw at it (root crops do quite well, but brasicas are a no no) so we have to go with the flow of the seasons.

would be nice to find a similiar thing down in the south east.

If you're serious about doing it, do heaps of research and enjoy the journey.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE