Anybody remember these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
My brother has just been gifted this tent and it brings back many memories for both of us, I just know somw here will remember these with fondness :)

This one needs a fair bit of TLC, but I think we'll get it pretty near the mark; there's a tub floor to the inner and both the front internal corners where the bungee pegging points were have been pulled out and torn, that'll present a bit of a problem but not insurmountable, methinks.......

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good grief :) but that's a blast from the past.

They were very practical tents, weren't they. Robust too. I woke up in mine one Winter to the weirdest situation…it was half buried by fresh snow and when I unzipped I literally had to look over a flat wall of the stuff to see out.
The bottom half of the tent was pitch black but the top third was almost glowing with light from the Sunshine.

I hope it repairs well for you :)

M

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We had an early 80's Lichfield Combat 4 which sat nicely on the shelf of my external frame Karrimor pack :)

I think the mice in my folks loft chewed it up for bedding one year

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
My family always used to use Lichfield tents - I seem to recall various models including a 'combat 3', a 'combat 4', and a 'viper'. All shared the same distinctive and not overly endearing quality that they leaked like a sieve in anything more than a very light drizzle - the flysheet possessing the hydrostatic head akin to a tea towel.

Wild horses wouldn't drag me anywhere near one these days!

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Yep :) had one of those many yaers ago and spent many happy holidays in Cornwall in it, it even stood up during the wild storm that desimated the Fastnet race one year.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My family always used to use Lichfield tents - I seem to recall various models including a 'combat 3', a 'combat 4', and a 'viper'. All shared the same distinctive and not overly endearing quality that they leaked like a sieve in anything more than a very light drizzle - the flysheet possessing the hydrostatic head akin to a tea towel.

Wild horses wouldn't drag me anywhere near one these days!

Big bucket and a fence brush….proofed the hello out of it in the grounds of the Scout Hall :)

M

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Happy memories of looking through the Scout association catalogue, I think it must have been, and the Lichfield tents therein. In the days when I could afgord precisely no kit, they were a dream for me. Happy days.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I remember a team of Venture Scouts having to carry one of those on exped :yikes: They'd assumed that the instruction "Give us a list of everything you need from the stores" doesn't require listing 'x hike tents'. Oh dear! :rofl:

Not the nicest tents to lug around the Brecon Beacons :evilangel:

(We took pity on them, more suitable hike tents were sourced and they only had to use it for the first night and carry it for the first day :angel: )

Collyboy

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
We had a 5 man version I'd love to convert one into a winter palace for my hammock, I have great memories of our Lichfield it took some abuse from mother nature and never let us down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE