Any other wannabe bushcrafters in London?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FKeate

Forager
Jun 12, 2014
London
Hi, I'm from central London love a good spot of camping and have been wanting to get into bushcraft for years now. Just wondering if there are any like minded folk around London at all? Would be great to find another city kid who doesnt find my love of being outside anywhere other than a pub (though don't get me wrong, I do love a good pub) as slightly freakish.
Also, if anyone knows any good places easily accesable by train, I'm thinking of a trip to the South Downs this week but always like to hear of new destinations.

Cheers all, Fred.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Welcome to BCUK Fred!

When I was working on the Website for a new Internet company (part of one of the big publications groups) I camped near the (northern!) end of the Northern line for about a month.

Obviously I won't say exactly where, as the locals probably wouldn't want a whole tribe of people turning up, but if you keep your wits about you as you go about your daily life you'll see more opportunities than you expect.

I'm not suggesting you do anything without permission of course.

FKeate

Forager
Jun 12, 2014
London
Thanks for the welcome guys, seems like a lovely site. And cheers for the heads up ged, that would be super convenient, I'll check it out next time I have a day off.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Welcome to BCUK Fred!

When I was working on the Website for a new Internet company (part of one of the big publications groups) I camped near the (northern!) end of the Northern line for about a month.

Obviously I won't say exactly where, as the locals probably wouldn't want a whole tribe of people turning up, but if you keep your wits about you as you go about your daily life you'll see more opportunities than you expect.

I'm not suggesting you do anything without permission of course.

Any chance of pm ing me with the location, i lived a ten minute walk from edgware station ( last stop on the northern line) for 27 years and cant think where you would have stayed? You must be a very sneeky man indeed lol and also quite brave considering all the chavs about that area :lmao:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Any chance of pm ing me with the location, i lived a ten minute walk from edgware station ( last stop on the northern line) for 27 years and cant think where you would have stayed? You must be a very sneeky man indeed lol and also quite brave considering all the chavs about that area :lmao:

PM inbound. No need for bravery if nobody knows you're there. :)

racer66

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
london
Hi, Northwood bushcraft fan here. I'm always up for a mini meet, even stamore common is a big enough place to get hidden in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE