any of this handy for a beginner

C

chopper123

ok had a look through me shed and so on come up with this so far
any good for anything or no

generalpics010.jpg

generalpics012.jpg

generalpics014.jpg

may be use the big 1 for a fire pit then use the little ones as cook pots i think they will fit inside the big 1 1 at a time

then the good old jam pot i use to stew apples and so on have 2 of these 1 i use for over the camp fire 1 i keep for the house

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chopper123

heres the foldable wire fire pot stands i have
they lock into position and are very stable no way of calapsing

generalpics173.jpg

generalpics172.jpg

generalpics174.jpg

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
those pot stands are ideal, and the large round pot will be good if cooking for a gathering as will the other pots but if you're talking for just yourself then i'd invest in a small nest of pots maybe something like This thats what i use and find it BRILL oh and it fits perfecty inside an ikea utensil holder if you fancy making a hobo stove

Dave

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
Dave, I've been looking at that HiGear solo cookset myself - but I can't find the dimensions anywhere. You couldn't measure yours for me could you? Also, it says it's a 4 piece set - are the other pieces cooking pots or bowls?

Thanks very much and sorry chopper123 for diving onto your thread.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
There are 2 pans and 2 lids each lid can be used as a cup bowl or little fring pan and come with wrap anound handles as do the main pans as for dimensions the tallest one with lid on is 145mm high and a diameter of 125mm and the smaller on with lid on is 130mm high and a diameter of105mm (smaller one fits inside big one both with lids on) i stow a penny stove and all my firelighting gear inside the small one and then slide the larger one into my hobo and it all sits snug as a bug!

Dave

Dormouse

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2010
UK
Thank you for that Dave - that was exactly what I wanted to know. It sounds ideal.

Cheers ! :beerchug:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE