Any meet ups in South West?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
Mendip Hills
Hi

Are there any meet ups in the South West? It would be great to have the opportunity to learn new and practice old skills!

Cheers and bushcraft beers :beerchug:

Ady

B

Bonobo Boy

I'm new here and new to bushcraft.
A meet in the South West would be fantastic.
If anyone else feels motivated enough, then I am interested.
Andy.

Nov 7, 2006
weymouth
anyone ideas of where, i have access to a small wood north of bournemouth but it is very small. There is a huge 30-40m fallen birch there with the most exquisite patterned wood due to some disease so if there are any good carpenters around then i could pursuade my girl-fiends family to let a group of us on there.
Lea

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I too would be up for a meetup somewhere in the South West - although I have very basic training, I do (as my profile suggests) have most of the gear!!

I live around the Bournemouth Area, although I would be more than happy to travel if required.

If anyone fancies just a single night out testing/honing their skills over the Xmas period, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Agile

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Guys I might be able to offer a location (100 acres of mixed woodland, no public access) for a meet up in Cornwall. This will be done outside of my business. I will contact Tony again to see if its OK to put it on the site. How about Easter weekend? We could do Friday to Monday. If there is enough interest I am prepared to do the organisation.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Sounds good- reckon I could drag my bottom from Newquay for that. Seeing as 'coastal' is becoming a hot topic, any chance of that? Or maybe a professor of a made up discipline with a dodgy beard...?

hiroo onoda

Jan 12, 2007
cornwall
Sounds like a commendable plan, i would like to try the digging up of the sea kelp root like ray mears did on tv this week, if it is to be a coastal visit. Is the wood you use near the sea smarty?

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
The wood we use is not next to the sea. South coast 20 minutes, North coast 20 minutes by road depending on holiday traffic. a beach forage is not outside the realms of possibility. Just waiting for the OK to go live.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Hey all, is there any south-west meets going on these days? I just noticed SMARTY that your footsteps of discovery woods is just 12 miles from my house! And less than 5 from me now (my everyday workplace) in Tregony. Would love the idea of a meet that close! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE