any help welcome

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

selfbow

Jan 24, 2011
shropshire
Hi all

Im new to bushcraft
iv been on my first trip out and have the bug big time loved it
the thing is i had a two man tent which is not the best. and wish to go with somthing more fitting.
I do not have much cash should i go with a hooped bivibag or basha and hammock ? im planing on going agen soon so need a all rounder not just summer.

is there any were to get second had stuff
HELP:hammock:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
what you need is a beach shelter with door

or even a beach shelter without a door and a poncho you may tie over it

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
If you have a tent that keeps you gear in one place and keeps most of the rain off, why change it?

Sleep with the doors open and pretend its a tarp!

There are often second hand items of gear up for grabs in the for sale section. Though it is definately worth getting to know people in your are so that you can exchange tips and trial items of kit before you decide to buy. Hammocks are quite unique and (unless you can borrow someone elses) tend to be all or nothing purchases with little midway ground.

Finally, there's no rush, take your time and enjoy the experience of accumilating your knowledge.

ATB

Ogri the trog

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
As Ogri has said, no need to go hammocking unless you're going 'all or nothing'. Saying that you can get away with a camping hammock from DD (£25) and a B&Q builders tarp with some paracord from poundland (is now in stock, if not poundland may be 99p store...). Probably £35 all in. You'll also need a black sack to put your bag in which'll go under your hammock.

If you're old enough (I have no idea of your age) I'd also grab a mora bushcraft knife - that's about all you need to get started - they're about £14?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE