Any experience of Northumberland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2016
Cambridgeshire
It is one place I have only visited a handful of times, unsure why because it us such a nice place with the smallest population for the size in the UK county wise.
Now that I am getting back into "wild" camping with the emphasis more on camping at the moment:) it is one place I am going to make a point of going to.

Any thoughts or suggestions anyone?

Outlaw13

Nov 20, 2013
Nottingham
Awesome part of the country. I've done quite a bit of diving with the seals on the Farne Islands. We normally camp at the campsite in Beadnell which is just across the road from the sea. We've also camped in between the sand dunes on the beach a couple of times which was great. Taking a boat trip across to the Farme Islands is well worth it.

Apr 14, 2016
Cambridgeshire
I have heard about the diving outlaw and the seals around Farne Islands. It was on my to do list a few years ago until I had a few problems with my ears after diving in the Canaries, not been for a while now.
Can you basically just camp anywhere in Northumberland? with exception to the obvious, someone's front garden or village green for example

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Unfortunately the Scottish open access doesn't come down this far...........so no, not really.

You could probably camp on the high fells (cheviots etc) for the odd night, and kielder forest has some official bivvy areas (locations are available from kielder forestry commission office).

Also be aware that there is a large military training area, might want to avoid that (clearly marked on os maps).

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE