Any banjo players in the house ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
4 or 5 string?

I've been learning a 5 string Banjo Old Time style for a few weeks.

Melodeon, Hurdy Gurdy and Border Pipes my main instruments though

Snozz

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I'm learning 5 string blue grass, but would like to learn clawhammer aswell. I can think of nothing better than sitting round a fire having a few beers and playing the banjo

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've a uke banjo that I annoy my neighbours with :D need to put money or beer away for some lessons though. One day,one day :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I am a 5 string player myself, mainly bluegrass. Scruggs is a heavy influence but some of the real old timers like string bean etc are great to watch and learn from.

Im waiting for a geared 5th peg as my tension peg snapped and I thought it was time for an upgrade.

Bearded Bugs

Apr 2, 2012
Cornwall / Sussex
I am a 5 string player myself, mainly bluegrass. Scruggs is a heavy influence but some of the real old timers like string bean etc are great to watch and learn from.

It was a shame that Scruggs passed away the other day, he was a really cool player. I also like Don Reno's style of playing, a bit more melodic!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE