antler whistle 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bushyboo

Hi folks this is kind of a follow up to the hombas antler whistle, someone asked for a tutorial i know he is busy with his boat so said to him i would give it a go so here goes.
STA71014.jpg

first cut the piece of antler you want to make your whisle from
STA71016.jpg

then drill a hole in the end dont drill to deep at this point
STA71017.jpg

to make the check in the top saw down at 90 degrees untill you are at the top of the hole
then take a small check out
STA71025.jpg

next you need to make a piece of dowel the size of the hole you drilled in the end i used a dit of pine ,try to make this a snug fit then file/sand it flat along one side . slide this piece of wood into the hole untill it is flush will your check (the first cut at 90 degrees) with the flat bit to the top you can try it at this point to see what it sounds like
STA71026.jpg

untitled.jpg

if you want a deeper pitch take out your dowle and drill the hole deeper
when your happy with the sound of your whisle trim your dowel flush and give it a sand
STA71029.jpg

my finished whisle

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
thats bdooly amazing! the angle of the slot in the top doesnt make any difference then?(not the 90 deg the other one)

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i made one but it isnt very loud,how can i make it louder?
great fun to make though! thanks for doing the tutorial!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE