Another What Creature made this thread.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Spotted this on a floor of a place I was working at, took a couple of pics then forgot about them.
It's in a wet screed thats set solid to cover underfloor heating pipes.
There was a cat that could get into the place so its possibly something the cat brought in, no cat tracks alongside them though.
20190510-092331.jpg

20190510-092323.jpg

Anyone?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Whereabouts are you? I have a very similar photo of beetle tracks in the Namib desert :)

Cumbria, Northern England.

I think the biggest beetle Ive seen locally has been one of those Cockchafer things and the photo was taken last May if that helps any.
I've never seen a Stag Beetle round here but that doesn't mean they cant be about, maybe?

bearbait

It looks like something of reasonable (relative!) weight. Whilst you say the screed was wet it has actually broken through the dried / set surface skin of the screed rather than sinking in.

A quick dip into a wildlife book suggests that the Maybug / Cockchafer is around 2.5 cm long and the tracks seem bigger that to me. I'm also intrigued by the parallel lines, I assume from some of its legs, with the separate sign further out from these.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE