Another Trangia/Omnifuel thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

think

Jul 19, 2011
Yorkshire Dales
Sorry for another thread on this subject. I have had a look at the other threads (and some others on other forums).

I am trying to decide whether to sell my omnifuel and buy the Trangia X2 multifuel burner which looks similar to the inner of my omnifuel but without the adjustment dial, or to somehow modify my omnifuel to fit my Trangia and keep the legs incase I ever decide to use with a different pan set.

I have found 2 threads from different people converting their Trangias, one uses the part 9101 but it appears he has had to cut a hole in his Trangia base windshield and the other person has used part 788205 and it doesn't look like he has had to modify his Trangia at all (although on his pictures there doesn't seem to be anywhere for his hose to exit???

What I am trying to find out is whether it is possible with either of these adaptors (9101 - 788205) to fit the omnifuel into my Trangia without cutting any extra holes??

I have the new ultralight 25 and 27 models which both seem to have a large and a small hole in the bottom windshield.

Thanks very much

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Theres no way my omnifuel would have fitted without cutting a hole.
It needed a big hole too to get the folding handle through easily. Yours may take it without cutting but I doubt it. I'd get the adaptor and see if it will fit without. If not, it really is quite easy to cut or enlarge the hole with a round file and a drill bit and it doesn't seem to affect the performance of burning meths in it.

I made my bracket from a piece of stainless steel sheet and bent it into shape in the vice. I'd stick with the set you have and keep the spider just in case you ever want to heat a big pan.

The performance is impressive, you won't regret doing it.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Sorry for another thread on this subject.... I have the new ultralight 25 and 27 models which both seem to have a large and a small hole in the bottom windshield.

The two holes in your windshield are designed to work with the Optimus Nova and the fixing kit that you linked to in your second post.

Beware confusion on this subject. Here's a confusing link for example

http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/products/Trangia/MultiFuelBurnerwithFuelBottleandPump.aspx

which claims to be selling a Trangia burner but the image appears to show an Optimus Nova fitted into a Trangia windshield using the two holes which you described.

If you want to sell the Omnifuel I'll be interested, and if you just want to play around with stoves at a meet I'll be interested too. :)

I have the Primus Nova and the fixing kit for the Trangia windshield. Reminds me of a song...

think

Jul 19, 2011
Yorkshire Dales
Cheers guys, i have just bought the x2 although i couldn't find anyone in the uk stocking it so had to order from Sweden, cost 160Euro with shipping although dont know if there will be any import tax on top.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE