Another request for sleeping bag advice!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, I'm looking for a new sleeping bag. Pretty much will be used for summer camping and the odd floor here and there though the versitility for some treking would be good.

I am therefore looking for a down bag but having looked I'm finding it hard to choose!!! My old bag has had it and I need a replacement as I have recently moved will be dossing on a mates floor for a few nights a week until April.

I have a decent mat just wondering what your valued advice would be?

On another thread someone suggested the Fjallraven Distance P5 any thoughts!

Alpkit don't have any bags in at the moment either... don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks

Leo

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If it's just for summer camping and crashing on the floor at parties you could look at something like the Vango Viper & Venoms, the Lifeventure bags get good reviews too.

As it's not summer for a while yet I'd be tempted to get yourself on Alpkits mailing list and get one of the Skyehighs or Pipedreams when they come back in.

Last edited:

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
Didn't realise that; good to know, thanks.

Maybe I'll get that Endi bag and bivvy mentioned a few posts lower down unless anyone has anything bad to say about them.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Looks like a great combo to me Dozza.

I've just traded my french army bivi bag for a dutch army one, but I'd like one of those ones with the full zip and built in mozzy net, because I still can't decide whether I want an open face one used with a tarp for plenty of fresh air, or one of the ones that closes right up, for all round ease and versatility of setting up.

I'd also like to try one of these.
http://www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk/products/detail/rowid=1715

Definitely have a bivi bag addiction :D

Just traded my Snugpak sleeping bag for a military arctic one too, which I'm VERY happy with.

The sleeping bag looks nice and cosy, you just have to take the plunge and buy something and try it out sometimes, it's all trial and error.
If you do get that bivi bag with the built in mozzy net come back and let us all know what you thought of it.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
It doesn't say anything about a mozzy net on any of the 2 or 3 sites i've seen them on, would be pretty much perfect if it did, I like the hoop Idea.

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
Thanks for your help. Of course I can let you know how I get on - with all the kit if you like. I am shopping for a course in May and have spent the last couple of hours going through Endi's site and writing a long email for them to advise on.

I like your choice too - £120 though - wow!

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden

Arri

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2010
Bucks, UK
That looks awesome, maybe I should start collecting military bivi bags so at least I'd have half a reason for wanting to buy every single one I ever see :lmao:

I got one of them, they're amazing stuff plus plenty of space for the rucksack and boots and more (I'm 6ft). Well worth the money!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE