Another pic heavy thread - weekend overnighter

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Dave53 and the Big Lebowski and myself are just back from a weekend overnighter, in what was previously my 'secret woodland' - a quiet bit of forested land on the edge of the brecon Beacons National Park.

I've previously only solo camped there, and as I'm a ground camper I have just fitted in amongst the trees, but Dave and Al are tree swingers, which meant a bit of bramble clearance was in order before they could get properly set up.

Al gives a new meaning to the term 'camp axe' :p
5722842852_4a70260e5f_z.jpg

Dave. Not so camp, but you're supposed to hold the axe by the other end Dave.
5722287315_888613ed6f_z.jpg

Brush clearing. Notice how I'm helping by standing around supervising and taking photos.
5722288065_1e7a469092_z.jpg

Hammocks all set up.
5722845390_573076c7bf_z.jpg

Al makes a mean frittata. It was like an episode of Ready Steady Cook. I gave him eggs, bacon, sausage, chorizo, chopped jelly ear fungus, a box of spices, and a packet of noodles, and this is what he came up with. Here's a tip: always go camping with an ex-chef. The food is amazing. Good job Al. goodjob
5722288521_61e3719e35_z.jpg

We had cassoulet (from a tin, from Aldi) as our main meal. Here's my lightweight stand and fire tray before we got the food on.
5722289011_d58df23ec1_z.jpg

My bushbuddy in action, making a brew.
5722845920_8b44caeda9_z.jpg

My cape acting as a windbreak - it was really windy, despite the trees. Note the use of clingons. Naturally all the detritus from 3 untidy campers ended up next to it. Oh alright, all the rubbish was mine.
5722846448_765d985298_z.jpg

A light breakfast of bacon, sausage, tomatoes, fried tomato, and beans, served with an eclectic selection of cutlery.
5722291063_e3b0216942_z.jpg

Al didn't sleep too well. Something to do with Dave's richter-scale snoring, I understand (I was camped well away from them :D ).
5722847404_a47d061909_z.jpg

A really great trip. Thanks to Al for the cooking and first batch of this year's beech leaf licqueur, and to Dave for the cider and a lift home after my car conked out. Same again soon lads.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Looks like you had a good one lads ,and that looks like a very secluded bit of woodland ,and the grub looks good too !

Cheers

Jason

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Yep.. 'twas another really good night with a new venue thrown in.

There was me all chilled for the night, nice and mellow. Oh how little did I know what was coming... By the power of Greyskull, Dave can snore! (and some)

Mental note. Pack earplugs in right bag, bring more booze :p

Cheers for one I wont forget, for some time LoL!!

al.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Some quotes:

Me: "Err, has anyone seen my little necker that Raikey made? I seem to have misplaced it" (Damn thing needs a homing beacon!)

All of us at some point or another "Guess what I forgot?" (Spork, alcohol, gloves, earplugs, another spork...)

Dave: "GGGrrrrunnnfffluuuugghhaaaaawwwrrrckckckcknnnmmmmm" (Repeat at regular intervals through the night)

Following some lady triathletes up a hill during the bike ride stage of their event whilst we were driving back produced a few memorable quotes too, none of them repeatable on a family forum...

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
ok lads if its any consolation i did say i snored like an elephant, it evan woke me up, big sorry to al sleepless night. in the morning he said as we got got into are hammocks i thought to myself i will get to sleep before
Dave: "GGGrrrrunnnfffluuuugghhaaaaaw wwrrrckckckcknnnmmmmm"oh boxxxxxcks sorry mate regards dave

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
LoL! I've installed an anti-snoring device in your re-rigged underquilt, which is now done btw... you wait and see what happens next time! :angel:

al.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE