Another one finished.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
This staff is hazel and around 1700 mm. I stripped the bark off as usual and straightened it a little. The face took a while to carve as i haven't done one before. When i was finally happy(ish) with it and after i had carved the rest i gave the face three coats of matt varnish before i stained it so that it would be sealed and i could wipe off any stain that got onto it. The handle has a celtic design on it as i like these and i think that after a little sanding it does give a nice decorative grip. The lower part of the staff has been carved to imitate bark and then stained using a jacobean oak stain, before again being given three coats of matt varnish. It's been left this length so that it can be cut down to suit the individual that buys it. Thanks for looking.

bald headed staff 001.jpgbald headed staff 003.jpgbald headed staff 004.jpgbald headed staff 005.jpg

Last edited:

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thanks Mart, as you know from what i've said at the meets my eyes aren't too good so i've finally given in to the missus and i'm going to get some new glasses. Should make it a bit easier then and i can get a bit more detail in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE