Another nice few days

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Had a wonderful five day break with camping buddy Nigel and my lad down at our little spot of tranquility near Sennybridge

Usual parachute rig, I took the wrong tarp (for a flysheet), took the 3x2 instead of the 7x5 but you'll get the idea

IMG_0261Custom.jpg

IMG_0262Custom.jpg

IMG_0283Custom.jpg

IMG_0262Custom.jpg

The wood/coal burner worked extremely well. A good job we had it too as although very warm by day it dropped to well below zero at night, enough to coat the outside of the Vango Juno in ice particles and freeze the crusader mug of water I'd taken with me the first night into the tent, at a guess it must have been @-5 but the days were great...even got a bit of sun on face and arms.

Great food including the usual spag/pasta, a chicken stew and a beef in toms/chorizo/smoked paprika/mushrooms/corgettes/peppers and potatoes. Full English breakfast goes without saying.

100_3599Custom.jpg

IMG_0257Custom.jpg

100_3621Custom.jpg

100_3619Custom.jpg

100_3613Custom.jpg

100_3611Custom.jpg

Cheese Bannock bread

IMG_0281Custom.jpg

cooked in a make shift oven

Young Nigel on observation duty

100_3603Custom.jpg

The four litre coffee percolator on top of a 1925 Primus No2 (4.5 pint tank)

100_3601Custom.jpg

We do need bigger work surfaces though

100_3615Custom.jpg

I'm not exactly fit these days, very short of breath from the TB I had but with support of folk like family, Nigel and my son Luke these trips are possible.

IMG_0264Custom.jpg

Family camping next month in the humongous Coleman tent the back out to the peace and quiet of Senny in May and long may the trips continue.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks Ian,

Its the filter that you put coffee in, bring the percolator to the boil, boiling water goes up the stem, hits the dome in the lid, drips into the filter/basket, filters through and bingo...coffee. The pot is mainly used to keep a few litres of water on the go on top of of the wood/coal burner for brews/washing/washing up etc...makes good coffee too :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE