Another newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Hi there. I've been lurking through the site for the last few weeks and have found it very informative - so I decided to sign up!

I live in Surrey and am a self employed IT guy trying to make a living. I used to do a lot of field survey work years ago and have missed it. So I have decided to get out and about again and what better way than a bit of bushcraft. I've recently done a basic course with Bushbasics and had a great time and I'm off to do a tracking course with Shadowhawk towards the end of the month.

I'm in a steep learning curve at the moment and loving it. I have some questions about knives but I will post them in the appropriate place a bit later.

Thanks for reading!

Joff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Welcome to BCUK, you'll get lots of talk about knives here, but for even more about knives visit british blades, there is a link on the forums main page. You can learn how to make them there, and also how to spend lots of money on them!! Oh, and don't forget torches aswell, buying, modding and how to do a simple brightness test :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:) Welcome to the virtual campfire, though there are a good of the real ones around the country and lots of helpful people too.
Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE