Another Newbie!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Balloonatic

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2013
Hertfordshire
Dear all,

I've been lurking here for a little while and have found it to be a pretty fantastic source of information and advice so I figured it was probably about time I started getting a little more involved (read as 'I wanted to pick people's brains more effectively').

A little about myself, I am a secondary school teacher just outside London. I instruct bushcraft in a limited capacity as part of the schools outdoor education program (I do a bit of firelighting, shelter building and so on) and support the school's Duke of Edinburgh scheme and CCF. I am also a serving TA soldier so I spend quite a lot of time staggering around in the woods. In my free time I make leather bags, pouches and so on some of which I sell or give to friends. I also have a sideline in eighteenth century reenacting which inspires a lot of my leatherwork and contributes to my desire to put together low tech kit.

In the spirit of openness and honesty (always important at the start of a new relationship), I must confess that I am a massive kit monster. I have a deep seated love of equipment that performs a task well. I'm sure many people on here share this affliction and I look forward to joining in with kit discussions in future.

All the best folks and I look forward to chatting to you all.
Regards,
Balloonatic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE