Another little whittler/ necker.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I made this little whittler/necker a couple of days ago.
The wood is walnut and feels very tactile, the blade is a Hultafors with Japanese steel.
I have made quite a few of these knives and they do seem be good whittlers.
Kepis had a hand in the design, as the one I showed him he said trim some more wood off, closer to the blade, this worked a treat.
005-1.jpg

Another picture next to the Maikhel Eklund blade that I handled.
007-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Looks good, you bringing it out this week with you, well ihave to have a play - i'll bring pancakes in return:)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi Hugo,

really like that walnut handle, i would imagine that cutaway down to the blade would give you more 'feel' for the task, great idea and would look and perform good in anybodys carving kit :)

Steve

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
hi Hugo,

really like that walnut handle, i would imagine that cutaway down to the blade would give you more 'feel' for the task, great idea and would look and perform good in anybodys carving kit :)

Steve

Cheers Woodspirits mate. It was Kepis who advised me to cut the wood away at the front of the handle, in the end I said you finish it as you would like it so he did, a few cuts and it was done.
I must say it is much easier in the hand now, and as you say, you get a better feeling for the wood project you are carving.
In the picture there looks like to be a step at the front but it is an illusion, a mark in the wood grain, same other side actually.

Cheers..

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the input guys.Wood spirits mate I'll remember you if I start to make a few more, I have been asked by a few people already to make them one.
I'll have to sort out a few things first in order to be able to sell them, build up some stock and pay my dues on here, this wonderful forum.

Cheers guys.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE