Another Knife :)

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
Hi guys made another knife today, really getting into this now :)

buying blades in at the moment, as just cannot find the time to make my own :sigh:
this one is a nice little 3" mora carbon steel blank, fitted with a birch bark and Elk antler handle
really chuffed at this one, my best to date:D
please comment, bad or good honest opinions as I am making in the hopes to sell from now on;).
MoraBirch1.jpg

Got some leather on the way so making a sheath soon will post when that's completed,
Thanks for taking a look ATB Jono :D:D

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Nice job, but the proportions look a little odd to me. The handle looks a bit too chunky for the size of the blade. Just my personal taste.

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
Nice job, but the proportions look a little odd to me. The handle looks a bit too chunky for the size of the blade. Just my personal taste.
It does look that way, unfortunately the photo does it no justice, need to sort out a better camera :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Like Dazcon says. The proportions look wrong, the handle looks way too chunky for the blade.

Saying that though, it does look to be well put together, it just needs the size and shape refining a little. :)

Any chance of a top down shot?

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
If you're going to make changes I'd taper the front half of the knife down more so it's almost the height of the blade - but given it's a whittler I'd leave the back chunky

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Agreed, it just needs a taper towards the blade and it will look and feel much better.

It looks fine from the top down though :)

If you're going to make changes I'd taper the front half of the knife down more so it's almost the height of the blade - but given it's a whittler I'd leave the back chunky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE